Endeavour Day 6.12.2013
The Burrum Heads Amateur Fishing Club is more than just a fishing club full of ‘FishOholics’. Through our Social Coordinator members enjoy the 3 weekly BBQ’s which allows members to catch up and socialise as this is a core element of the success of the club.
Members who love fishing also plan a wide range of social activities including camping trips to hinterland lakes and beaches,
winery and shopping tours, as well as informal gatherings to celebrate holidays and other community events.
Achievements & Community Contributions
The members of the Club take enormous pride in our ability to support our community across a diverse range of projects which have enhanced the local lifestyle and ensured a wonderful time for visitors to our idyllic village.
• The 25-year history of the Easter Fishing Classic stands as a testament to the contributions of our enthusiastic members. Their efforts ensure the Easter Fishing Classic remains one of the top events on the Fraser Coast.
• As a result of the years of dedication to our community, the Club was recognized for their achievements when presented with the 2009 Fraser Coast Australia Day Community Event Award.
• The Burrum Heads Amateur Fishing Club is the only organization of the Fraser Coast to receive continued Events Qld. funding.
• The Club continues to advocate for a new all weather boat ramp for Burrum Heads. A commitment has been made that the new boat ramp will commence in 2016 after the Easter Classic.
Here are some of the wonderful contributions the Club has been able to make in our village due to the efforts of our club members over the years.
The building of the two rotundas on the event site at Lions Park.
• Donation of $1000 for 15-year-old Grace Riley to attend Calgary 2012 Outrigging World Championships
• Donation of $3000 to the local Ambulance Service for equipment in vehicles
• A $10,000 donation to Hervey Bay Council to lay turf, foot paths, gardens, lighting on the event site at Lions Park
• Raised $2,000 for SES in 2011 to build new facilities, club members donated their time to assist in the building process.
• Lend resources and volunteers to the annual Progress Association Christmas Party
• Jointly run the annual Endeavour Foundations Christmas boat ride and BBQ where members donate their time and boats with the club funding the food and fuel.
• In 2010, the Easter classic raised over $4,000 for a local boy and his family who was experiencing a dangerous heart condition. This allowed the family to pay some bills and travel and stay in Melbourne to receive vital treatment and care.
• Donated to Howard Ambulance to purchase a trolley and books
• Donated $500 for trophies for the Torbanlea soccer club 2010
• Donation of $500 to Wild Life rescue in 2008 to transport injured animals for treatment
• Make an annual donation to the Tombola for the local community Christian church in Burrum Heads
• Buy meat trays for the local Anzac Day annual march
• Annual donations of $500 to the Burrum Heads SES over the last ten years
• $500 in 2010 to the Cancer Council in memory of the President of the Toogoom Fishing Club
• Donated $500 to the Outriggers Club for paddles
• 2009 donated $250 to the bushfire appeal
• Donated to the Rural Fire Brigade to ensure their hard work
• The Burrum Heads Armature Fishing Club for many years contributed $500 per year to Bjelke Petersen, Monduran, and Boondoomba Dams before freshwater licenses came in to effect to support the restocking of fingerlings in all dams.
• 2014 Donated $3,000 to the support the local ambulance committee
• 2014 Donated $500 and goods to Howard State School for fundraising
2015 Donated $3,000 to State Emergency Services Burrum Heads
Gov Department Links
President: Brad Dyson
Vice-President: John Rigby
Treasurer: Lyn Chester
Secretary: Jo Armstrong
Assistant Secretary: Amanda Willoby
Weigh-Master: Ron Henderson
Social Coordinator: Vacant